Tuesday 28 October 2014

Sita Ram Diwan Chand, Pahar Ganj, New Delhi

" Sita Ram Diwan Chand " The name says it all this is an epic choley bhaturey place running since 3 generations ( As told by the owner of the shop; who is ready to render his Royal throne to his Younger son very Soon)

This place was highly recommended by a lot of friends and Zomato as this place was Featured in STREET FOOD COLLECTION so better not waiting I decided to visit this place with one of my friends and as it was a first and a random decision in the morning I called my friend and strictly informed him not to have his breakfast and as I was new to the place my friend guided me to this place which would have been very difficult for me to find without his help!

So as soon as we entered this place we saw a big banner of Sita Ram Diwan Chand and as soon as we were about to enter a man of my dad's age was loading his scooter with the highest possible 2 piles of Sita Ram Diwan Chand's special Choley Bhaturey Packs and my friends just out of curiosity asked him, "Lagta hai Uncle ko bohot pasand hai ye jagah?" to which he heard him and replied, "Beta Office mein aaj party hai to taking aal of this stuff for them as inse badhiya Choley Bhaturey koi nahi banata!"

Being Damn excited as soon as we entered we saw the popularity of the place as there was one dedicated wall of awards (Including HT City EATING OUT GUIDE 2009 AWARD) , recommendations, place being featured in every local newspapers. So was damn impressed by the first look and the feel no wonders why Uncle was praising this place soo much.

I entered the place I saw Mr. Chand the shop owner welcoming 2 guys with his lovely smile and asking us, "how many plates son?" was very welcoming I took a round of the place and it was fresh fried bhaturas with their choley. and we got our order in just like 5 mins which was quick!

Without waiting we dig into our plates and frankly speaking the bhatura's were heavy filled with Panner stuffing spongy but obviously oily but not too much. The main USP was their Choley as it has a very mild, Medium Spiced (Which was made 
taking care of all kind of Mouth Pallates, which is good), quite smooth textured I mean simply cannot explain the taste as they were amazing...!

The only thing that bothers me was the lack of space and no sitting aarangments as one only can stand and have these bhtura's the typical dhaba standards that might be also the reason that Zomato has added this place for the STREET FOOD CATEGORY! but all in all it was damn good experience and I personally like them so much that I decided to get another Half plate packed for me as it was cheap. And when I was at their Packing counter I saw doesn't matter that how big is your order they have various king of packaging style from a family pack to one person each lunch box packs which was very good to know but Just to let you know they may charge you extra for packing in the boxes or special parcels. But its worth it!
then Finally we again met Mr. Chand we thanked him to serve us one of the best plate of Choley Bhaturey we have ever had and I decided to plan my next Food Destination.

For more & clear photographs you may visit me on Zomato
https://www.zomato.com/Sachinsahni


FINAL RATING - 4 STARS
TASTE : 4.0 STARS
VALUE FOR MONEY : 4.0 STARS
AMBIANCE : 3.0 STARS ( NO PLACE TO SIT, SCARCITY OF THE TABLES)
PACKAGING : 4 STARS
FINAL VERDICT - PLEASE DO TRY ONE I M DAMN SURE YOU WILL PACK ONE PLATE FOR LATER DAY TOO. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment