Tuesday 28 October 2014

Mitra Da Dhaba, West Patel Nagar, New Delhi


You know wherever you are returning late night from the work or may be after a long stay back at friends house or any important work you may have, or whenever you have to cook if you stay as a PG or on a rent (Which luckily I have not any of these cases as I belong to Delhi) but, I've a lot of friends who came from various cities of India like Sikkim, Nagaland, Agra etc; they stay at west patel nagar as a lot of people have given their places for rent and for PG as soon as you enter West Patel Nagar Main market.
For More & Clear Photographs you may visit me on Zomato
 https://www.zomato.com/Sachinsahni

You see this crazy narrow lane not that too narrow atleast it can compensate two way car traffic (Somehow) there are a lot of DHAABA's as one single chain right next to each other. If you visit do not get confused as almost all of these DHABAS shares almost the same punjabi flavours and cusine influence.

As I stay at West Patel Nagar I went to this place called MITRA DA DHAABA (Friend's Restuarant < as we translate in english >) When i entered it was evening and there was very great fragrance of food and that too tandoor was my main attraction i gone through the Menu and I ordered

1. Half Plate Stuffed Tandoori Chaap : It has two GIANT peices of Tandoori Chaap coated with I believe cornflour and chaap was stuffed with rich filling of cottage cheese aka paneer, kaaju aka cashew and Khoya to add a bit of sweetnes to the dish all in all it has a rich mild taste to which I thought it would be light on my belly but trust me it was a bit heavey in my belly and my next thought was that how would I make the space for another half plate of Amritsari chaap half plate that I've already ordered.

2. Half Plate Amritsari Chaap : This was VERY SPICY which would be a Warning! after having a mild and Tandoori flavour that soothes your taste buds it was an electric shock to my pallate as it was very spicey in first go still I thought i would give it a go to finish my plate at first i was taking it as a snack plate but later it was tasting like a main course sabzi to have with the naan or roti wich was a bit of my mistake but as I asked the restuarant owner he said it was a snack but to me it was not.

Talking about the ambiance this place is a typical dhaba so do not expect a fancy layout as the wall was breaking with the pain A/C was there but was not working luckily fan did worked was spacious but as it was evening you would not see anyone sitting inside the dhaaba and having lunch dinner or evening snack unlike me as i had to write a review for the place. But the main reason for the same would be as the place is located in the midst of the residential area of West Patel Nagar and the restuarant believes more in delivery.

Truth was that my tummy was upto the brim and it costed me Rs. 170 which was a bit light on my pocket and the good thing was the ending as they gave me their local Saunf mixture for as you get in every typical Dhaaba.

P.S - If you are coming in a car try find your own parking place as i told you the lane only accomodates 2 way running traffic no parking space. If you are on a bike or a scooter then it fine you may get a bit of space in front of the dhaaba. 




FINAL RATING 3.5 STARS

AMBIANCE : 2.5 STARS

FOOD : 3.5 STARS

VALUE FOR MONEY : 4.5 STARS

HYGENE : 3.5 STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment