Monday 27 October 2014

Barbeque Nation, Janakpuri, New Delhi


NOTE : THIS REVIEW IS A BIT LENGTHY BUT DO READ IT, ITS INTERESTING!

This was the first time I was visiting any outlet of Barbeque nation so was a bit excited by listening to the people review about the place, Hospitality and so on. That too for particularly their Janakpuri outlet.

Well to start with as I seen in the reviews that this place is a bit crowded place so it would be better for me to reserve the table before visiting as I hate waiting in the restaurants. So visited my ZOMATO app and took their number and called them for booking my table.

As it was pre-planned I booked a table for two only for me and my father but later on due to some change it went from 2 people to 4 so i called back the same number as it was told to me that I can also Alter my reservation according to the requirement but to my surprise A guy picked up the call and said, "Sir! Aapke naam pe koi bhi table booked nahi hai." to which I was like SHOCKED!

I replied to the guy doing reservations still keeping my calm, "Koi baat nahi please dobaara reserve kar lo on my name but do it for four this time please" to which the guy replied, "Done Sir!"

just to check if it was really booked a day after i called back to confirm the same and SURPRISE! SURPRISE! the table wasn't booked again and this time it was too much as i questioned the staff that, "Hows this possible meine jab reservation karwaya tha to aapne assure kiya tha ki ho gaya table book and 2 baar confirm bhi hua hai but its not" and i was been replied by their staff, "Abhi phir se kar leta hoon reserve" as I was angry i asked them could I speak to their Manager and guy replied, " Sir, Aana hai ya nahi ye batao mein khud relationship manager hoon!" I was bugged up i re-dialed complaint the same to another staff and they apologized and confirmed reservation was there and I would received a callback on 11 in the morning to confirm the same.

In the morning I received no confirmation call. Pissed off I visited their restaurant and spoke to their Manager about the same experience they were very apologetic and said that they keep a track of all the conversation they will definitely fix it and would come back to us and in the mean time he showed us our table.

FYI : NO MANAGER CAME BACK AS PROMISED WHILE DINING ALSO I DID RECEIVED THE CONFIRMATION BUT AFTER FINISHING OUT BRUNCH!

The only this that make me give this review 4 STARS is their Serving Staff, Great Food & Ambiance.

As thought it was an unlimited starters and in the lunch we had FREE COMPLIMENTARY DRINK its your choice if you wanna take one Beer or any choice of mock tails.

The Beginning was amazing as the food was inspired by the Chef Pat Chapman which has a very earthy taste in almost all the flavors which I personally like.

My Veg Favorite was Grilled Mushroom & Corn & Beans Salad as of starters and Non-veg Favorite was Prawns, Chicken Drumsticks and mutton kebabs, Only fish was a bit weird flavor for me was something new taste and very light and must try on the menu.

In Main course Veg Pulav & Nargisi Kofta was amazing and in Non-Veg Mexican Chicken & Mutton Korma was my favorite & to go with it I took Garlic Naan as a bread

Sweet dish varieties was awesome mu personal favorite was Caramel Pie & Mexican Macrons. Their Rainbow cake was a bit wierd as it was giving a feeling of a whole wheat bread topped up with jam and soaked in sugar syrup. but otherwise everything was good.

It was overall a YUM journey and the staff was very co-operative and whatever you ask them to repeat without any question they bought it for you and keep on asking you for anything or more even the manager sometimes passing by saw that we did not had a water in our glasses so he was kind enough to refill our glasses but make sure please do mention before that if you would prefer less or more spices as accordingly they would do the servings.


For More and clear Photographs you may also visit me on Zomato   https://www.zomato.com/Sachinsahni


FINAL RATING

AMBIANCE : 4.0 STARS

FOOD : 4.0 STARS

HOSPITALITY : 4.0 STARS

VALUE FOR MONEY : 3.5 STARS

RESERVATIONS : 0.0 STAR HORRIBLE (FOOD & SERVING STAFF SAVED YOU)

P.S. - FORGOT TO MENTION THAT THE BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION THING IS A TRUTH AS THEY ALSO WILL SING A BIRTHDAY SONG AND GIVE YOU YOUR PICTURE IN THE FRAME FREE!

FINAL VERDICT MUST VISIT DO NOT RESERVE IF RESERVE CHECK 2 TO 3 TIMES :P




No comments:

Post a Comment