Thursday 17 December 2015

Wheelyz, Ashok Vihar

The Wheelyz was an outlet that was recommended by a very old school friend as he stays in Ashok Vihar. It was the same day when I was about to attend Chef Kunal Kapoor's event. Frankly speaking, I was not that much excited for that event as much as I was excited for being here at Wheelyz. My friend told me that Wheelyz have 2 to 3 food trucks/wagons as well as they have an outlet where we could sit peacefully and chat over food. As we were not able to get an ample of parking space we all friends decided to be at their Ashok Vihar Phase 2 outlet so that we can sit and enjoy the food served hot on our table.






How To Reach?

To be there at the outlet the best way is fro your own vehicle. But, if you do not have any vehicle then you may simply get down to Model Town Metro Station and from there you can get an auto and they shall charge you only 40 bucks and will take you directly to the restaurant.







Food

* Crispy Tandoori Chaap : This was like any other basic tandoori chaap and have a very juicy and chatpata flavor to it. Adding on I don't know if I am right or not but, they top up their appetizers with their special chaat masala which give altogether a different dimension to them.






* Chicken Lollypop : Unlike other lolly's these were actually fried and certainly not to forget that they were very less in oil as I was getting no oil in my hand while chewing the individual pieces of them and again they were flavored with their special chaat masala






* Kurkuri Chaap : I would say that this was altogether a different variety or a version of chaap that I had. This was called as kurkuri chaap as it was almost tasting very close to a KFC famous chicken. But, it was not. as it was my vegetarian version of KFC which I shall recommend to my every vegetarian friend.







* Kurkure Paneer Momo's : Again, that was something which was my personal favorite as I never had moms like these in my entire life again made and fried like KFC style but was again different. I seriously wont be able to explain it well for the first time and shall recommend all of you to visit the restaurant and have it on your own.






* Mutton Ball : These were just like a meat balls but again you can simply guess the freshness when you take the first bite. and to be very true their price is very nominal or I shall simply say in budget or economical that one may be very shocked to know that in a portion where you will get approximately 8 pieces with the fresh mint chutney and onion slices it only cost 120 Rupees All incl. Taxes. So, definitely in budget for every student living around the area.






* Non - Veg Platter : Their Non- Platter is the best for all those who wants to get a sneak peek for all of their non veg dishes and would be the best thing for a foodie like me. :)






Mains

In the mains I would say that you can have almost anything that you may like. But again I would stronly recommend you their thali's. What I really loved about their thali's is that if I talk about the Vegetarian Thali is a star for their taste as you will get a tasty delight of Dal Makhani, Home Style Shahi Paneer, Salad, Raita, Rice, Naan or parantha. But, if we particularly talk only about the non veg thali then I am first time surprised to know that their non veg thali have 2 varieties of non veg dishes as well as other things unlike other places which serve one non veg dish and one veg dish.



























Final Verdict :


The place is highly recommended because of their awesome food variety and the only thing of concern is that in their restaurant there is not much space to sit. But, If we talk about the overall package I would love to rate this place as 4.5 Stars out of 5 Stars and a must visit place.



1 comment: