Sunday 8 November 2015

Kababs N Rolls, West Patel Nagar



Just a day before Navratra begins I badly wanted to have some flesh. I still remember it was 8 at night and I was not feeling at all energetic as just returned from the office and also was not willing to go out. I had a newspaper early morning where I got a flyer of this outlet called as Kababs & Rolls and decided to give it a try as the menu seems quite appealing to me. The place is very close to my home so i prefer to walk.








While I reached there I saw this place was still busy in some tandoori preparations and the place was still vacant with not much of a crowd sitting inside to have food to which I asked the first available person in the restaurant if they're open to which he politely replied that yes we are open and I can sit inside to have the meal.












If I talk particularly about the ambiance then the place was red and yellow theme based as well the table and the chairs were all red and yellow. while enquiring a bit about the place the owner told me that they also have their branch in Gole Market and is running quite well and this Patel Nagar outlet is the new one else they have quite good and regular customers there as well.





















Hearing that I was quite excited and took my seat and asked the server to serve me what they're best at. He straight away suggested that I should definitely try their Tandoori Chicken. To be very frank I am a Die Hard fan of Tandoori Chicken and trust me that almost every non vegetarian Punjabi guy would be the same. I ordered the same and also I asked him to get something in the Rolls as the place is called KABABS N ROLLS. The server suggested me to have their in house specialty which is their Butter Chicken Roll. I straight away placed and order of that as well.








The food arrived one by one quite on time and I do not have to wait at all for the same even though I consider the fact there was no customers sitting inside. Talking about their Tandoori Chicken I ordered Half of the portion as i was alone. It looked very good from outside, Perfect in color Chicken looked quite moist from inside and was well coated with oil(s) and garnished with loads of coriander. when i had a first bite then I got to know that it was not tasting perfect as it was looking the spices were very over powering the whole dish. Was not even closed to the Tandoori chicken as a lot of marination has made it more of spicy instead of being flavorful. And on top of that the coriander was so much that in every bite i was getting a leaflet in my mouth. So, I have to poke in my dish to get the excess of garnishing, which made my Tandoori Chicken experience more non delightful. I do not say that it was bad It has its own taste but cannot be called as a Tandoori Chicken just because it has been cooked in a tandoor. A lot of major role is played by spices and perfect marination in tandoori chicken which makes the dish justifiable.








Later on my second dish that was their very famous Butter Chicken Roll was been served to me and if I talk particularly about its taste then I would say that it was good unlike my Tandoori Chicken. The Butter Chicken Roll was served with onion and Green Pudina Chutney. The Roll size was quite decent and the filling was quite generous at first look till I took the first bite. The Roll outer bread layer was semi flaky well done and the stuffing inside was more of a gravy than the chicken pieces. Moreover there was one problem that I faced while having that roll was that the Butter Chicken Stuffed inside was piping hot and as there was more of a gravy in the roll it was dripping on my hands and making it burn like hell and there was a point that I have to put down the roll and have it like a basic butter chicken with Parantha which was not good as being a roll i would always expect myself holding the wrap of parantha and semi dry butter chicken all in one bite. This issue was been reported by me to the owner as well as he asked for my feedback after the meal. He listened to me very patiently but there was no positive reply or not even a vague promise was forwarded from his side. I payed him the total bill balance and moved on.















Final Verdict






The place is okay to have some Rolls and varieties of snacks that one might love to dig in but if you expect right flavors could really not comment on the same as the place is more likely made to quench your craving for having flesh that would be all. Prices are quite decent but not a place to be expected a lot from. Needs Improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment