Monday 6 July 2015

F.O.I (Food Of Indians), Tilak Nagar

NOTE/DISCLAIMER : THE REVIEW BELOW IS TOTALLY UNBIASED AND EACH EXPERIENCE WRITTEN IS A TRUE FACT. NO INVOLVEMENT OF MONETARY BENEFITS INVOLVED & DIRECTLY REVIEWED FROM THE HEART KEEPING IN MIND THE EXPERIENCE OF FIRST TIME VISITOR.

KEEP EATING! STAY HAPPY! ♥


F.O.I Banner, Tilak Nagar
The Review :

Me and my friend Sagar were visiting Tilak Nagar Gurdwara nowadays and whenever I used to come out of Tilak Nagar Metro Station I always used to say him that see this new outlet with the name of F.O.I. And he always used to say, " Koi nai bhai whenever you're free we will make a plan to visit."

The Facade, F.O.I, Tilak Nagar
The day finally arrived and it was 1:30 approximate in the afternoon when I didn't had my lunch so Sagar and I decided to go to the outlet and visit the place finally and not to ignore it this time. (Even though I was still planning to visit Art of Spice, Karol Bagh to eat some chicken rolls) Sagar Pulled me and said, " Bhai yaha ka review bhi kar lenge and dur bhi nai jaana padega aur wese bhi Tuesday hai Art of Spice is closed on Tuesdays." I came back to my dreams and agreed with his valid point and went inside FOI for our brunch!


F.O.I Promotional Banner's outside the outlet
Location : Damn easy to find. As you come out of Tilak Nagar Metro Station if you're not taking the lift but stairs just come behind and instead of turning towards gurdwara left from the T Point take a right and look up you'll see the big Board of F.O.I. And if you're taking the lift then again come behind the lift area and again you'll see the big yellow banner for F.O.I.

Offers of The Day
Ambiance : As soon as you look at the facade you'll get very vibrant colourful feel overall and when you go inside it's a very simple yet happy go lucky ambiance and perfect for the birthday parties and gathering for friends and family


Seating Area


Right Wall With Menu


Front Wall
Service : It was prompt everything was been cooked freshly so was taking a bit of a time but us actually worth it as if I am getting my food made fresh I'd love to wait for the same. So, no complaints at all on this.

Food and Taste :

1. Chocolate Sandwich (70 Rupees) - A total value for money, Made with a good variety of chocolate and bread was filled with oozing black chocolate topped with Chocolate Chips was doing like a chocolaty magic on me as frankly speaking I am not a chocolate person at all but having this kind of sandwich was a heaven on its own. Tastes better than the chocolate brownies. A 100% must try.

Chocolate Sandwich
2. DND Cocktail Noodles Pizza (80 Rupees) - This was one of a kind pizza that I ever had with 2 kinds of Noodles as a topping with cheese and pizza sauce. Frankly speaking I had a big doubt if a pizza with a noodle base could be as good as those pizzas that we have regularly or could it even compete them? But lemme tell you guys that I was very much wrong in that and had a very wrong judgment over it. I tasted the pizza and I was like liking it like anything as it might sound a bit experimenting over a taste but you'll never be dissapointed for the same as I could taste two kinds of noodles one was with a high spice level and one was lower balancing the flavours for the same. But definitely a must try and you won't regret having it.
DND Cocktail Noodle Pizza
3. DND Onion and cheese Pizza (80 Rupees) - This again was somehow similar in taste but with one noodle base which I loved as similar as the cocktail one. But for me the cocktail one was the best and must try option.

DND Onion & Cheese Pizza
4. Day and Night Mix Shake : This was actually 2 layered drink of vanilla and chocolate and hence it was called as day and night. This was somewhere in between a smoothie and a shake as somewhere it was thick like a smoothie and somewhere it was liquid in consistency like a shake. The best thing about this was that all the products were natural and made in house right from the vanilla scoop and the chocolate but the best thing was that the scoop of that thing I was calling a vanilla ice cream scoop was actually made from the rich cream and F.O.I has clearly mentioned too that it takes a round couple of gallons of pure milk to make 1 gallon of this beautiful and tasty scoop of love. I loved it and one must try the same in this scorching heat to beat the summer.

Day & Night Mix Shake
5. Mix Dry Fruit shake : Just an FYI if you're thinking so far that F.O.I is only focusing on the young crown and kids so you're definitely wrong. This drink proves the same as this was very close to the desi badam and kaju drink that your parents must've relished before these kind of joints were been made. Definitely kids can have it to if they have this kind of palate developed but this drink for me was mainly focused looking a lot of parents who accompany their kids to this outlet.

Mix Dry Fruit Shake
Value for Money - Quite inexpensive and if you're low on budget and want to relish an amazing treat with friends or if you're a kid and want to go out with your parents just visit them and don't think at all.

Improvement area : 2 things I would like to mention.

1. The presence of tissue paper below every serving that you're having as it was making most of the things stick on it and one have to be a bit careful before you eat your dish. But this was addressed by the owners and this will not be seen any more in the outlet as far ands their commitment.

2. The Straw : The Shakes and smoothies that they make are amazing like anything but the straw u was served with was very narrow like a juice straw so if I have to have a big chunk of my smoothie or shake which looks so tempting I would love to get more thick straw so that I can get a taste of everything that I am expecting. This concern was also been answered and worked upon by very humble owners and this will be replaced to more thick straws.

Final Verdict : Would recommend everyone to visit the outlet and have something that you never had and expected. A must try and a must visit place.

Final rating 4.5 out of 5 ☺






No comments:

Post a Comment