Sunday 5 July 2015

Global Food Factory, Rajouri Garden


NOTE/DISCLAIMER : THE REVIEW BELOW IS TOTALLY UNBIASED AND EACH EXPERIENCE WRITTEN IS A TRUE FACT. NO INVOLVEMENT OF MONETARY BENEFITS ARE INVOLVED & DIRECTLY REVIEWED FROM THE HEART KEEPING IN MIND THE EXPERIENCE OF FIRST TIME VISITOR.
KEEP EATING! STAY HAPPY! ☻

The Review :

As every Delhiite knows Rajouri Garden is flooded with the Cafe's, Bar, Small or Fine Dine Restaurants, also small eating joints etc. But I've personally observed that Rajouri Garden is now playing with buffet menu and is not hesitant to gracefully presenting it to the general public. So is this Restaurant called Global Food Factory. Recently launched and it has not been even more than an year to it but is gaining popularity very fast.
The main attraction that they're creating is for their buffet themed menu's which keeps on changing in due course of time. Frankly speaking I had no intentions at all visiting the place till I saw a big hoarding describing about their Bombay to Beijing Festival and claiming it to be the largest buffet spread in Delhi when I was just passing by the restaurant. So, Right away took out my Note and made a note of the place as my next visit.
Woke up in the morning that day and still remember that was craving bad to have a lavish lunch the next day so decided before sleeping I texted one of my foodie friend Tushar and asked him if he would love to join in and slept and when woke up day after saw his text, "Buddy I am in! When?" So was super excited followed up and visited the place the same day for the Lunch.

The Facade (Front View), Global Food Factory, Rajouri Garden


Location : Just get down from the metro station towards Giani's and it's just like less than 2 to 3 mins walk from there. Very easy to find as once you're there you'll find A Big Round Logo written Global Food Factory on it hence, very easy to locate.

Global Food Factory Logo, Rajouri Garden

Reservations : Please make sure one reserve a table in advance before coming and when I called one of the managers picked up and I informed them to make sure that I would require a separate place to sit so that without disturbing anyone we could click food pictures and discuss about the same and to the reply they noted down the same and reserved a special table for me and also told me that, "Sir, Once you Visit whosoever is on duty manager ask them for table 104". To which I was impressed as just because of my small request the Management noted and responded quite well to my query.

The Bill Which Includes Taxes & Cost For Two, Global Food Factory, Rajouri Garden

Ambiance : As soon as you look at the facade of the restaurant it would as usual will have Big Restaurant banner but the overall feel before one enter is like an English pub/bar. You climb couple of steps and reach the main entrance and you're welcomed by the manager on duty. So having a wide look at the restaurant area it was looking and giving very English feel and the best part is what I loved is a space for Natural Lighting because the entrance has a Big Glass Door and as I visited them in afternoon in scorching heat outside it was a hell but when I was inside the restaurant because of their centralized cooling and the giant patch of sunlight coming from the glass door was doing all the magic and lit up 1/3rd of the restaurant area. The restaurant has 3 levels each few steps higher and is all on one floor. First Level was like a basic restaurant area with few tables in middle and couple on the left and on the right side they had Sofa arrangements and one step elevated dining area for 6 to 7 people alone. The second Level which is Couple of steps higher and was more like a Lounge cum Bar area with couple of lounge sofas on the right and few round tables on the left. When you're sitting on level 2 it gives you a wide view of the restaurant and if you see the first wall on the left as soon as you enter the restaurant it would have the pictures of some celebrities visiting the restaurant. Now about Level 3, it was a Main Course Buffet self service area and the dessert counter towards the end of Level 3.
Moving on the walls were giving English pub like feel because of 2 things one was the brick look walls and second reason was their inside the restaurant live station for making some of the freshest wood fire pizzas. Also on level 2 you've a full functional Bar from where you can order A La Carté Drinks from the Drinks menu (Both Mocktail/Cocktail)

View From My Table of Left Wall From Level 2

View From My Table of Right Wall From Level 2

View From My Table Lounge Area, Seating For 5 People

The Service : The service was excellent. Prompt and there was nothing to point out bad about it as were being taken care by the captains and the frequent visit of the Chef along with the manager on our table for taking the feedback was quite a fabulous effort by the management to make sure to point out some of the small mistakes too which makes the service near to Brilliant.

The Food : The main thing I was at Global Food Factory was because of their Bombay to Beijing Buffet menu which was attracting me a lot as unlike other buffet spread it was a themed buffet and before visiting while reservations over the phone I asked the management about it and they told me that this buffet spread is focused on 2 Cuisine mixed into one buffet spread as the Name says it some of the dishes from Bombay/Aamchi Mumbai and some from Beijing.

The Taste : I begin with Starters (Writing all what I had)

STARTERS :
Non-Veg

* Keema Pav Slider : It had a very unique taste the main soul of a Keema Pav is Keema and it was grainy, had a bit to it which means it was not over cooked, Had an amazing taste as if it has been made in a pav bhaji masala. So, I have given you now the exact reference to the taste and if you ever had pav bhaji from any stall anywhere best you remember it has almost the same taste to it which was going excellent with the freshly baked Pav's.

* Oriental Spicy Grilled Chicken Skewers : This dish was one of my friend favorite had a very unique oriental taste of its own was very much dry but goes well with the chilly dip served with it.

Oriental Spicy Grilled Chicken Skewers

* Bombay Fry Chicken Tangri : Thus was more or less like a basic fried chicken in tandoori marination had a chatpata but tempting base taste. Goes well with The Green Mint Chutney.

Bombay Fried Chicken Tangri

* Beijing Special Slow Fried Chicken : This was actually a dish that had a very herb taste to it somewhere close to lemon grass, rosemary or Thyme couldn't guess exactly as it was cooked very well that I fell in love with it.

Beijing Special Slow Fried Chicken (One at the top with dark brown colour) &
Oriental Fish Of The Day
(One In the From and Light Brown in Colour)
* Oriental Fish Of the Day : I believe we were been served Basa Fish which is known to be the best when it comes to any buffet spreads and this particular preparation was a basic oriental flavor to it as it was a fried fish in Oriental sauces. Cooked to perfection and could be accompanied by the Chilly Mayo Dip.

* Bade Miya Reshmi/Banno/Kalmi Kebab : This was actually looking like any other normal seekh kebab till the time we tasted and trust me on this that this was a very different Chicken Kebabs so far I had in my whole life as the the chicken was awesomely tender so soft looks like marinated with cream or dahi to make it more tender brown from outside just like any other kebab and in contrast Pearl White from Inside. It was my personal recommendation. Goes amazingly perfect with Mint Chutney again.

Bade Miya Reshmi/Banno/Kalmi Kebab

* Chicken Dimsums : To me this was only a let down for me as being an oriental spread I had very high hope on Dimsums as I am the Biggest Dimsum fan. Frankly speaking it was somewhere close to raw if I talk about outer maida covering of it. The filling was very basic and if I compare that Dimsum with the one that I love at Lajpat Nagar Dolma Aunty's one that one would be far better than the one I had in the restaurant.

Chicken Dimsum

Vegetarian

* Bombay Chinese Bhel : There was nothing so much amazing about it. It was basically like a Bhel puri topped up with Chinese Fried Noodles I would say the taste was very close to the Veg Chopsuey.

* Beijing Stir Fried Vegetables : This was good if I would review it as a vegetarian. I could taste very well stir fried vegetables taste was again very oriental and was very crispy coated with oriental sauces.

LIVE Counter

* Wood fired Pizzas - Chicken Tikka : It was all in all a good Pizza definitely freshly made, Thin Crust Had good pieces of chicken to it. Could not be told as the tikka flavor but would be more great if it was called ad the only chicken pizza. Not bad to try.

Wood Fired Chicken Tikka Pizza

Main Course :

Main Course Platter (Includes Spicy Chicken Chettinad, Goan Fish Curry, Rogan Josh, Veg Berry Pulav & Dal Makhani)

* Spicy Chicken Chettinad or Chicken Saoji : Was Neither too spicy nor it was less definitely a bit hot than others on my plate had a very southy flavour to it but was definitely worth a try.

* Goan or Malabar Fish Curry : This was just amazing. The Best Fish curry I'd ever had. Had a taste of coconut milk somewhat to it may be or there was definitely something that was making it different from all and was coming out to be excellent, Smooth gravy, Mildly and perfectly spiced.

* Rogan Josh : I had Rogan Josh in a lot of places and all were very under-cooked and chewy and frankly saying that having this kind of experience from very well known outlets I've had made a Thumb Rule to not to have Rogan Josh anywhere but as I Love the dish I couldn't even stop myself not to put it in my plate. I took the first bite and was very happy because the taste of the gravy was simply out of the Galaxy and the mutton was amazingly well done and was moist and tender. Now this kind of dish brought my trust back in my favorite dish.

* Veg Berry Pulao : I was having Berry Pulao for the first time to be very straightforward but as have heard a lot about it in many of the parsi restaurants that are already bookmarked in my list I've finally got a chance to have it bit was very careful as if was thinking if that would be okay to have berry Pulao every local parsi's favorite to have it in the Mixed Cuisine restaurant? Actually after tasting I thought I was wrong as it was very good to taste looking like just another portion of boiled rice but had a very unique taste to it. The rice was a long grain light & sweet some fried onions added to it accompanied by a unique dry base masala. Simply Loved it!

* Dal Makhani : I have a belief that if you want to know about a restaurant and the overall taste and see of you're going to have an amazing time eating good just taste that place's Dal Makhani. So, without any thought just put it on mm y plate to accompany Berry Pulao & Garlic Naan and the Dal Makhani was stand upto the mark was very rich just like any Dal Makhani should be Creamy/Buttery like an authentic one but was definitely good as a vegetarian perspective.

Desserts Counter Display

Dessert Platter (Includes Kiwi Pastry, Coconut Caramel Custard, Mousse)

* Varieties of Pastries : the choices were, Mango, Kiwi & Chocolate so was rid of chocolates and Kiwi ones so, decide to take Mango Pastry which was soft light on sweetness, Giving a mango Ripe mango flavour. Just like another pastry.

* Coconut Caramel Custard : It was a Big Let Down for me as I love Caramel Custard like anything but the small cup it was made in had all the caramel stuck to it as the custard was kept in the refrigerator and could see that as the cup was green but the base stuck to it was all yellow stuck like toffee. Could not taste more of Caramel but had a very good coconut flavour to it.

*Hot Indian Dessert of the Day : It was Rice Kheer as the Hot Indian Dessert that particular day and had a small cup of it as had no place for it but trust me it was amazing like anything. Exact similar to the one my mom cooks at home for me with cashews and nuts. Simply tempting to look and amazing to have.

Rice Kheer, Hot Indian Dessert Of The Day

FINAL VERDICT : Overall had an amazing culinary journey from Bombay to Beijing. Where there was a subtle taste of the oriental flavors on the contrast to it the Spicy Bombay Flavors were making it Balanced and more explosive. The Global Food Factory mow has another new theme for their Buffet spread and would definitely love to visit to taste that as well back again if possible.

Final Rating : 4 Stars out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment