Sunday 10 August 2014

Review for Om Corner Chholey Bhaturey, Karol Bagh

Being punjabi whenever we think of our morning breakfast one thing always comes to my mind and that's nothing but "Chholey Bhaturey" & talking about Chholey Bhaturey" this place called Om Corner was been told to me by dad one fine day. Located in central Delhi or I would say located near shoppers paradise Karol bagh this place is really been recommended by a lot of friends and family members.

I was luckily in Karol Bagh for some work  where I thought of this place where I called up my father for the directions and it was very easy to find this place as I went to a ricksha waala and ask him if he knows this place to which he agreed and took me there in just ₹20. 

When reached this place I asked the vendor that before I could taste their very popular menu could I get in to get some snaps to which I got a reply, " Nahi sir bade bhaiyya (owner) ne pics lene se kisi ko bhi mana kiya hai" to which I was really amazed to know that it must be really good to taste or maybe their ancestral recipe or something he than waited and said that he could call the owner and ask if I can click some shots to which I agreed and in the mean time I ordered my plate that cost me ₹45 for a plate a bit expensive as compared to normal Chholey Bhaturey rates I wonder if they were trying to compete with some branded outlets like Haldirams or something. But still it was okay and when I tasted them it was nothing but just an overhyped place as I expected. Nothing very special about this place ambience is a local market backdrop and if I talk about their eating area it was quite clean but was very old fashioned where one just can only stand and eat on a table top. 

Talking about their taste, Chholey was nicely made but less spices, may be to cater the need to adjust the spice meter for every age group but didn't worked out for me.

Ya! I got some snaps finally as well when I finally got a permit from the owner for a so called "popular" eating joint but trust me please do not go specially to visit this particular place instead find a local thelawaala who could make more great stuff in a very low price instead. 

FINAL RATING : 2.5 STARS

(DO VISIT TO WASTE TIME &MONEY)  

Like us on Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/foodietreasure

No comments:

Post a Comment